Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yesterday

I've always used this song, by The Beatles, in my language classroom - usually to differentiate the past tense to the present one. It can also be used to demonstrate the positive and the negative statements.

From my tinkering experience, this song is suitable even for beginners and elementary students since it's a slow song.

So far the result hasn't been disappointing. All the students whom I've taught this song had loved it! So fellow teacher-friends of mine, I would highly recommend this song for your classroom as well.





Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, something wrong,
Now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Why she
Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, something wrong,
Now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm.


Note: Of course, if you're teaching in an all-girls school or environment - the pronoun "she" can be changed to "he" to make it more personalized.

**This song is also the perfect song for me to listen to whenever I feel like I've been dumped - like today - sigh!

No comments: